Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm back...kinda

Updates! Ok, so, It has been almost a year since I posted anything. One reason...a blog is a lot of work! lol The other reason, as soon as I created this blog I found out I was pregnant..then the morning sickness came. I did not even want to look at a computer screen. I just wanted to lay on the couch and watch TV. I know I traded one screen for another, but in my head there is a difference! Even after the morning sickness passed I just didn't feel the love with the blog.
Then I was really busy. In the middle of my morning sickness I had to travel out of state (FL to TN to VA) because my Grandma took a turn for the worse. I don't remember if I even left TN (my parents live there) to come back home but we had to go back to VA I think a week later because she died. That was in June. The rest of the year was just busy with life, house updates, getting things ready for baby and then..baby!

Baby story: I was due Dec.22. I was soo ready for it too. I had no contractions and was 2cm for a week (but at least I had dropped!). The night of the 22nd I had some irregular contractions for an hour, then they stopped. My parents were on their way down for Christmas. They arrived that afternoon and were a little short on sleep cause they got up early to get here. We all went to bed at about 11pm. The second (no joke) I laid down at about 11:30, I had a contraction. I was like..really? Then my next thought,"Oh no, I had spaghetti for dinner. I hope I don't get sick." So I timed them (6-8min apart) and told hubby I had to see if they lasted more than an hour. I didn't want to go to the hospital for a false alarm and we live about an hour from the hospital. An hour came around and I was still having contractions now about 5min apart. I was still debating to go or not and I didn't want to wake my parents for nothing but I finally decided to go. I told my parents, "I know you just went to bed, but I think it's time. About 15min later we all left. It was nasty, muggy, foggy and warm outside. The contractions are getting stronger and closer. We made it to the hospital and the receptionist had me fill out a ton of paperwork and was looking at me like she didn't think I was really in labor. My dad asked me," How far apart are your contractions now?", I said," I dunno. I'm at the hospital now, they can do it.". So they take me back for observation. I was 5cm with bulging water. I was like," wow", they were like,"Uh, she needs a room, go find a clean one." BTW there were a ton of inductions scheduled for the 23rd and when I got there, there were at least 4 others there and another came in at 9cm and another had to go to the OR, and those weren't even all for the day...so it was busy! Anyways, I got to the room and I was now 6cm. It was time for the IV. It's hard to find my veins so maybe about 20min (looking for a vein) and 2 sticks later, it was in. I decided that I may want some medication, but I figured it was too late cause the IV took so long and the nurse confirmed this. I was like 7or8cm and water was gone. Then it started to HURT, but the nurse was AWESOME and talked me through the contractions and got nice cold, wet rags for my head cause it was HOT. My Dr. was also AWESOME and helped me deliver a healthy baby boy (after 5 hours of labor) at 4:57a.m., Dec.23rd. I was surprised at how much he weighed (8lbs.11oz.19-3/4in.) because he looked smaller than his sister did when she was born(7lbs.15oz.20-1/4in.). We were able to leave the hospital Christmas Eve night and have Christmas together at home. :)
Three months later, Jubilee is warming up to the idea of being big sister and Thomas is growing like a weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment